A type of home upgrade which can be very useful to you and your family is the so-called loft conversion. This kind of home upgrade is one of the most popular and widely adapted ways of extending your homes to turn a loft from a very functional space. In addition to this, this kind of home renovation is a practical solution to the need for a much spacious property. If you are thinking about a loft conversion today, then this page is just right for you. This article will give you further ideas to make this challenging home upgrade as successful as possible.
- You need to talk to some local experts including Prestige Loft Conversions before starting the project most especially if you do not have expertise in doing it yourself. Consulting the expert does not mean you have to work with them from beginning to end. You can get their expertise to at least discuss your plans who can make a perfect assessment to your property.
Here are the loft conversion assessment areas you have to consult with the experts:
- Head height
The head height is a very essential aspect before you start your loft upgrade. In order to know whether the height of the area is sufficient enough, you should take a measurement from the bottom to the top of the ceiling. Also, remember that the standard height of the useable part of the roof should be at least 2.2m or more.
- Type of Roof structure
This aspect needs great consideration because the structure should match perfectly well with the loft you have. The experts will give you the appropriate roof structure that fits to your loft. There are two basic types of roof structuring the traditional framed type and the truss section. It is better to ask the experts more about this and be sure you will not forget it.
- Cost of the conversion
This should not be overlooked that is why you need to ask the help of the experts to make an estimate cost for your project. The cost will be greatly affected with the kind of materials you are going to use in the project and the estimated days you are going to spend for the construction.
- Draw a timetable of the work to be done with the help of the builders
A timetable can help you a lot in the job to be done so that you will be directed to what needs to be achieved in the day.
- Secure a planning and building permission before doing the project extension in your homes. You might need the consent of a local council to give you the permit.
- If you seek assistance, ensure that the builders you hire are good workers so that you can be confident in everything they do. Ask for referrals and if you can’t find any, then research online and check on their customer testimonials and comments.
- Keep an eye on the service providers and make sure that the plan agreed will be followed according to the permit given by the council to avoid legal conflicts.
Bonus tip – Keep your new loft conversion warm with a brand new Electricity Sub Meter. Don’t forget that lofts can get chilly in the winter, so make sure your loft is properly insulated too.